Photo by jo3design.
- This week, at the Molecular Ecologist. How to make heatmaps in R.
- Today in unsurprising bad news. The latest report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change is the most urgent one yet.
- Privilege, with extra pepperoni. Or, yet another iteration of, "Don't be a dick".
- Doggone it. Word from further up the tenure track is, it doesn't get any easier.
- For $12 an hour, it could be worse. The personal experience of an undergrad research participant.
- Brain waves, and more than brain waves. The ongoing quest to decide what counts as "consciousness".
- Conspecifics are the worst. The eggs of one parasitic bird species may look like its host eggs so as to hide from other parasitic birds.
- Virtuous cycles are tricky. Does exercise make you sleepy, or does sleep help you exercise?