A red wolf. Photo by Jim Liestman.
- This week, at Nothing in Biology Makes Sense! The sneaky sperm of the grass goby.
- And, at the Molecular Ecologist: Readers send their photos of molecular ecology. Find out how to send in yours here!
- Variously, but never for the better. How the budget "sequester" will impact science.
- Have some bifidobacteria with that baguette. The role of intestinal microbiota in celiac disease.
- Oy. More on dealing with sexism on the ecolog-l listserv.
- Oy. No, listings of sexy scientists are not good for science.
- Kinda. Turns out cookie withdrawal might be a thing. (See also the adorable cartoon version.)
- We are our own worst yardsticks. Direct demonstration that self-assessment provides poor data.
- Conservation triage sucks. Is the red wolf worth saving?