Daily visits to www.denimandtweed.com, 2012 (blue) vs 2011 (orange). Image and data from Google Analytics.In all of 2012:
- 222 new posts
- 45,636 visits, up 20% from 2011
- 32,385 "unique" visitors, up 35%
- 122,363 pageviews, up 66%
Top-viewed posts, in descending order:
- 28 May 2012: Evolutionary psychology: A dialogue (8,830 views)
- 25 Jan 2012: Baby steps versus standing longjumps: The "size" of evolutionary change, and why it matters (2,970)
- 22 Aug 2012: Unfamiliar sperm, Tibetans, and cheese: Why evolutionary biology doesn't excuse Todd Akin (2,084)
- 16 Nov 2010: Is female orgasm adaptive? Let's ask the clitoris (2,056)
- 19 May 2010: The "Big Four" part II: Mutation (1,773)
- 7 August 2012: Is corn the new milk? Evolutionarily speaking, that is (1,771)
- Ran both spring and a fall marathons, with almost identical times.
- Had another blog post published in actual dead-tree print format.
- Helped make Minnesota the first U.S. state to defeat a proposed constitutional ban on marriage equality.
- Passed 1,000 followers on Twitter.
- Started an almost-professional blogging gig at The Molecular Ecologist.
- Proudly watched the group blog Nothing in Biology Makes Sense! develop a voice and following of its own.
It's been a busy year, but a great one! If you're still reading at this point, you must be one of my tens of loyal readers—instead of filling out a formal survey this year, why not say hello in the comments, and tell me why on Earth you're still hanging around this unfashionable end of the outer eastern spiral arm of the Internet.◼