Photo by Dan W Conway.
- This week at Nothing in Biology Makes Sense! A new paper on the developmental origins of sexual orientation doesn't break much new ground. See also Jon Wilkins's in-depth dissection of said paper.
- And at The Molecular Ecologist. I talk pronghorn, sexual selection, and marker choice with Stacey Dunn.
- Westerward leading? Following a star isn't exactly a good way to navigate in a straight line.
- A mere 12 lightyears away! There might be an earth-like world orbiting Tau Ceti.
- Add'em to the list. Is Antarctica under threat from invasive insects?
- Depression and dopamine. A discussion in two parts.
- The shape of things to come. Next-gen sequencing used to generate informative markers for a previously unsequenced endangered elephant.
- But with a somewhat less bloodshed. Why the academic job market is like the Hunger Games.
- Nooope. Does college make students more liberal?