Photo by e-MagineArt.com.
- This week at Nothing in Biology Makes Sense! The microbial diversity of human breast milk.
- This week at The Molecular Ecologist. The site hosts an online continuation of the Molecular Ecology Symposium.
- And, post arising. When you criticize a scientific method (or anything, really), are you obliged to provide an alternative?
- [Insert pun about the word "fault"] In Italy, leading seismologists have been convicted of manslaughter for failing to raise the alarm about an earthquake — but how could they have done any better?
- "I ... hate everybody and everything." Charles Darwin has a lousy day.
- My God, it's full of stars. The European Southern Observatory releases a nine-gigapixel image of the Milky Way.
- Or do you only think there is? Is there a genetic basis to the placebo effect?
- "... cataloging the apocalypse." On the spread of antbiotic resistance.
- Well, if Scicurious buys it, I'm convinced. Does ritalin make you more vulnerable to peer pressure?