A black bear. Photo by ucumari.
- This week at Nothing in Biology Makes Sense! David Hembry looks back on changes in ecology and evolutionary biology over the course of his dissertation research; and the contributors make plans for Evolution 2012.
- Have you submitted somthing for the Pride edition of Diversity in Science? You should do that now.
- Competition between scientific tribes? A few choice complaints about the debate over group selection.
- Spoiler alert: No. Do women prefer more complex music when they're ovulating?
- Kinda. Black bears can count.
- The chicken-salad sandwich in your lunch box doesn't count. Paleontological evidence of mammals that ate dinosaurs.
- Philip V. Tobias, 1925-2012. A lifetime of evolutionary anthropology, eulogized.