A caribou in Denali National Park, Alaska. Photo by blmiers2.
- Biodiversity riches needn't beggar their neighbors. Longstanding conventional wisdom that protected wild areas depress the economies of nearby communities turns out to be untrue.
- You say you want a revolution? Humans may riot not because we're evolved to riot; but because we're not evolved to deal with stressful times.
- Not unlike wearing a wedding band. The decision to take your spouse's last name when you marry may say a lot about you, except when it doesn't.
- And, yes, like humans. Even though it sounds like whistling, dolphins form sound by vibration, just like other mammals.
- Interesting yes, but not quite enlightening. It's no surprise that conservatives and liberals think differently, so it's probably not surprising that their brains look different.
- To panic, or not to panic? A conversation about the upcoming, highly-researched pandemic film Contagion.
- Simultaneously awesome and disgusting. A virus prompts caterpillars to climb to the top of a tree, then melts their flesh.