Easter Island. Photo by vtveen.
- Easter Island is no Greenland. The collapse of Polynesian society on Easter Island may not have been due to ecological damage, but a terminal case of Europeans.
- Angry Birds can't do that. Players of an online game have resolved the structure of a key HIV protein.
- The kids are all right. David Dobbs draws together emerging research on the brains of teenagers.
- You're running late. But so is everyone else. Our perception of the present is really a remembrance of the immediate past.
- Fortunately, I hear that the honey badger doesn't care. The popular idea that honey guide birds lead honey badgers to beehives is probably a myth.
- Hold your horses, Jean-Baptiste. Heritable epigenetic changes to gene expression may not have much impact over evolutionary time.
- Predator becomes prey. Ground beetle larvae prey on much larger frogs and toads by luring them in for an attack.