Dan Savage. Photo by soundfromwayout.8. Because you're training for a marathon/ putting in a lab-work marathon/ cleaning house/ doing anything that's better with someone talking in your earphones, and you're just not getting enough with NPR, Slate, and that one about the things from the British Museum—and you've already used up all the Audible.com freebies offered via those podcasts
7. To hear Dan take a victory lap after Rick Santorum lost his Senate seat (while trying not to dwell on how U.S. politics have changed/not changed/gotten ten times worse since then)
6. As part of creating a drinking game for a sex-ed themed cocktail party (maybe you're hosting a fundraiser for Planned Parenthood?)
5. For the episode recorded immediately after Thanksgiving dinner
4. To pin down the exact moment of origin of the phrase "tech-savvy at-risk youth"
3. For every time Dan has a special guest/ co-host/ foil
2. Because back in the day Dan and/or the TSARY weren't so selective about which calls deserved an answer
1. For the old, Monty Pythonesque brass band intro music
It's all available via www.thestranger.com!
Edit, 2011.09.29: Corrected link to the Savage Love archives. Oops! ◼