- How can you tell if a plant is carnivorous? Feed it!—a brief discussion of the ways in which a plant can be sorta carnivorous.
- J.B.S. Haldane and the case of the revivified head—history of science with a political twist, and a guest appearance by C.S. Lewis.
- For yucca moths, does (flower) size matter?—an update on my own research in plant-pollinator coevolution.
- Evolving from plant pathogen to symbiont—reporting on a scientific experiment that evolved a disease organism into something plants need to survive.
- And, if you want more queer and queer-ish science, there is a post category just for that.
21 June 2011
Hello, SciAm readers!
If you've just arrived here on account of my contribution to the Scientific American guest blog, welcome! I hope you'll have a look through the archives, and consider adding me to your regular online reading. Allow me to suggest a few posts that should give you an idea about what's going on here: