Photo by Gary Simmons.
- Europe's fisheries aren't likely to recover by 2015, as planned under a 2002 treaty. (Conservation Bytes)
- The American Naturalist will begin requiring authors to deposit all data, not just genetic sequences or phylogenetic trees, in publicly-accessible online repositories. (skeetersays)
- Shorebirds may migrate in part because there are fewer nest predators at higher latitudes. (Living the Scientific Life)
- Natural selection imposed on native species by invasive species might make prairie grass communities better able to resist new invasions. (Conservation Maven)
- Lemurs might have colonized Madagascar by rafting on driftwood – a new model of ocean currents shows that it might have been easier than previously thought. (Laelaps)